SCARY DRIVE HOME

I went down to Versailles to borrow Ann's shop vac tonight. Seems a BUNCH of my "Amazon jungle" tipped over on the ride back from Michigan, and there was dirt everywhere!

On my drive back, I was rocking with the radio, enjoying the evening (even if the nights are getting darker earlier and earlier), but being very, very careful to watch for those rogue Kentucky deer. All of a sudden, a car that had, up to this point, been following waaaaaaay behind me, sped up, and was practically on my tail. I started getting nervous as this had happened to me a long time ago on my way home from Jackson (in MI) ... the idiot was drunk, and he scared the crap right out of me. Much like the last time, this car tonight, kept falling back and then racing right up on top of me ... then falling back, and then racing right up on top of me again.

I was beginning to get annoyed, when the driver finally decided to pass me. When they were right next to me, I decided to turn and see who was in the car. It was too dark, but as soon as I turned, the driver backed way off, and fell behind me again. Of course, this completely spooked me! I grabbed my cell phone, unlocked the keys, and had my thumb right on the 9 button.

As I drove into town, I tried to jockey myself so that the street lights and other signage would illuminate the car behind me so that I could possibly give a good description of the driver to the police, if I needed to do so. It was at that point that I saw the glint off both fuzzy, curly white heads. Two elderly ladies!!!! I was being "chased" by two old women!!!

After my heartbeat slowed down to normal limits, I got a good chuckle out of that one. But perhaps somewhere in Kentucky, two grandmas are out on a crime spree!

Comments

Anonymous said…
maybe they had been into the whitelightin.
Megan said…
Quite possibly. Hadn't thought of that scenario. :)

I made some killer chili tonight. I call it my 5 Alarm 5 Bean Chili. It won't be a 5 alarm until later on ... when the beans kick in. :) You would have loved it!

Popular Posts