IO TRIUMPHE! IO TRIUMPHE!

"Io Triumphe! Io Triumphe!
Haben Swaben rebecca le animor
Whoop te whoop te sheller de-vere
De-boom de ral de-i de-pa--
Hooneka Henaka whack a whack
A-hob dob balde bora bolde bara
Con slomade hob dob Rah!
Al-bi-on Rah!"

What the heck does that all mean? I'm not really sure, but it's my alma mater's cheer, and I heard it today in all of it's homecoming glory. Yep, I was at Homecoming 2006. For those that know me well, they might be a little bit surprised that I graced my college's campus for homecoming. See, I spent three long years working for my alma mater, and I spent many a frantic day leading up to homecoming working my tail off. I swore I would never go to another homecoming event as a "civilian." I think moving away has messed with my head, because nostalgia set in, and before I knew it, I was choking up at the sight of the British Eighth marching down Hannah Street playing our fight song ... and, even coughing up the money for a homecoming t-shirt. Considering I used to get them for free, that was a big investment for me. I'm getting soft!

It was, I will admit, one of the coldest homecoming games on record ... at least my record. Even so, I managed to get a bit of a sun burn/wind burn on the face. So, I can go back to Kentucky with a little sun despite the frigid temps. Sure wish the Brits could have pulled it together for a victory, though.

A shout out to Stacy and Chris and Roberta ... great seeing you even for just a little bit. Next time, it will be longer.

A shout out to Krista ... girlfriend, it was soooo good seeing you. It's been way too long. I will make it out to Maine ... some day.

Finally, a couple of shouts out to Denise, Sam, and the girls. It was great to spend the day with you. The check is in the mail, and I can't wait to hang out with you guys again. Remember, you've got a place to stay in Kentucky if you're in my neck of the woods.

Comments

Popular Posts