TIMBEEEERRRRRRRR!

I have a bad ankle ... had it since I was a very little girl, when I jumped off my cousin's dresser and sprained my ankle badly. Actually, in hindsight, I probably tore some important parts in there, but what did I know back then.

Ever since then, that ankle has been prone to spraining. A few years back, the ligaments and tendons finally just gave out on me. They'd had the crap stretched out of them, and they just didn't feel like holding the ankle into place. So, I had physical therapy.

All was well, for the most part, until last night when I decided to move my garbage can out to the curb in a pair of jaunty, but highly impractical boots. Well, let's just say that I hit a patch of uneven ground and fell like a giant oak, hitting the earth with an enormous thud! Oh yeah, and a big crack rang out from the old ankle.

I was up at four this morning in severe pain. Good times! Good thing I had three different kinds of ankle braces from which to choose. Massive amounts of ibuprofen and a constricting ankle brace later, and I think I can make it through the day ... I think.

Comments

Anonymous said…
MAYBE WE SHOULD HAVE IT CHECKED? yu have parameds accross from your bldg.!
Megan said…
Christy said she liked your strategy. She said she would have high-tailed it right up to the EMT barn. :) Of course, her toe nails are probably nicely painted, and her heels don't have calluses 5 inches thick ...

Popular Posts