LACK OF SLEEP

If I pitch over the side of a cliff in my truck, it won't be because of reckless driving. Nope. It will be because of lack of sleep.

Why, you might ask?

Two reasons.
  1. My stupid neighbor, who insists on taking his dog out at three o'clock in the morning (who does that!?!?!?) and then SHOUTS ... LOUDLY ... at her to come to him, about a million times.
  2. The Pterodactyl that has taken up residence in my backyard.
My mother insists that the pterodactyl is actually some sort of nocturnal bird, but I've never heard anything like this. It sounds like the dinosaurs from LAND BEFORE TIME, and I realize that I'm showing some serious age by referring to that show, but honestly, folks, a Pterodactyl. I swear it.

At first I thought it was a feral cat. However, Maddie the Cat is a feral wannabe, and she never sounds like that.

Then I thought it might be a woman being murdered, but for heaven sakes, that happens once, and then it's done. Over with. This thing continues on and on and on and on and ... well, you get the point.

Then I suspected some crazed lunatic over by the Jim Beam Grand-dad plant, but really, if the crazed lunatic is slurping sour mash, I think he/she is more likely to be belly up in a gully, sleeping one off, rather than screeching and squawking at the top of his/her lungs.

So, I decided that perhaps, my mother was right ... perhaps it was a bird. A pheasant sounds similar, but they aren't really into the whole "song bird" gig, and this thing is incessant. Sleeps during the day ... is a boil on the butt of society at night.

I then thought about owls, since they are nocturnal, but really, their calls are pretty typical, and I can sleep through calls like that. Many an owl has lulled me into sleep.

No, this is something all together different.

Perhaps a bat?

A vampire bat? Coming to suck my blood? Oh! Oh! Count Dracula! Coming to suck my blood and help me learn how to count!

Hey, if it's going to help me get a good night's sleep at night, suck away!

Lest you think I'm all wet with this Pterodactyl business, allow me to refer to you the You Tube video: Pterodactyl in Texas???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1A2xXnxpU

If nothing else, you'll get a laugh at the FREAKISH comments left by others on this video.

Seriously, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.


Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Get a gun. It would help with both the neighbor and the pterodactyl.

Popular Posts