THINGS THAT ARE MAKING MY HEAD HURT
- Bills ... I'm paying them ... this ALWAYS makes my head hurt. I hate dealing with money, unless, of course, I'm spending it. Then, I'm all about dealing with it. I need someone like Carrie's husband, someone who uses spreadsheets and crap like that. Actually, as my sister once pointed out, I need someone to give me an envelope with money and then tell me, "Hey, when it's all gone, that's it. Party's over."
- Open Enrollment ... DANG IT! My insurance is changing. I HATE when this happens. Why can't they just leave well enough alone? I wasn't complaining. Now, someone in the Great Ivory Tower is making me think about this stuff, and thinking about this sort of stuff always makes me break into a cold sweat, and I've got to fight the urge to get into the fetal position. I'm suppose to ask questions, but I don't know what questions to ask. WHAT DO I DO!?!? That's the question I want to ask ...
- I'm turning into my mother ... more and more every single day. For instance, today, while shopping, I immediately went to the handbags. That's a sickness ... a disease, really, that we both share. My father has often been heard saying that my sister has the market on shoes, and my mother and I have the market on purses. It's true. I refuse to deny it anymore. I have more purses than I can use in a year. And we won't even talk about the TEACHER BAGS I'm given in a year's time. Seriously! That's another whole blog entirely. So, today, while in Kohl's, I went running to the handbags because, ummm, HELLO!! They are 55% to 75% off! And here's where it gets seriously demented and even more MOM-like. I GO FOR THE GIANT-SIZED bags, and I hear my internal voice squeal with delight, "OOOOOOHHHHHH!! I could shove a lot of crap into that bag!" Good grief, what's happening to me?
- My closet ... it's out of control. I need to clean it. I need to try every single piece of clothing on in there and decide what is to stay and what is to go. Please, someone, tell me why I need a pair of flowy velvet slacks? The only time they've seen the light of day in the last three years is when I moved them from my closet in Michigan to the box that traveled 300 some miles south to Kentucky! I need some sort of organizational plan too, because here I sit, the QUEEN OF THE T-SHIRT, with two dressers FULL of clothes -- most of them t-shirts -- and a closet that is puking all sorts of clothing options. I maybe need to unload the entire closet and put piece by piece back in after I've really analyzed its usefulness in my closet. But oooohhhhh, that sounds like a lot of work ...
- My shin splints are acting up again, and, of course, the tendinitis in my heel, that I haven't had in three years, yeah, that's back. WHAT THE HECK!?!??!?!? Black Cat is in a week!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!! My body hates me!!!
Things that are making me smile ....
- I now have two Christmas presents purchased. That's right. You know you want to be me.
- The incredibly funny text messages I received today. Made me laugh ... out loud ... in a very quiet waiting room.
- The sun....
- The fact that when my friend Elly told one of her friends that she was meeting her friend, Megan Murray, for lunch, her friend said, "Why do I know that name? Oh, I know! I read about her dodge ball accomplishments in the State-Journal." Mom ... Dad, I graduated with honors in English from an elite liberal arts college, and dodge ball is how I land in the paper? Are you sooo proud or what?
- Gas at $2.83
- The fact that I'm wearing shorts ... in October!
- I've purchased a witch's hat to wear on Halloween ... and I take fiendish delight in the fact that, given my mood on other non-Halloween days, I might wear it then too, just to warn my fourth graders that "Miss Murray hasn't had enough coffee today ..."