I was reminded of dancing in front of my full length mirror, pink hairbrush in hand, while singing along to killer hits of the 80s. I also remember hearing my parents, in chorus, hollering up the stairs, "STOP BOUNCING AROUND UP THERE!"
It didn't matter. I was convinced I was SOLID GOLD material.
That hairbrush witnessed moving renderings of such hits as ...
- "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley
- "Every Breath You Take" by The Police
- "Jack and Diane" by John Cougar Mellancamp ... now just John Mellancamp
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper
- "Daddy Don't Preach" by Madonna
- "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston
- "Pink Cadillac" by Tina Turner
- "Little Red Corvette" by Prince
- Huey Lewis and the News
- Michael Jackson