MORATORIUM ON WORK

So, I'm in my classroom today, and I have to tell you that I'm not happy about it. It's my break ... my vacation, and if you've been within shouting distance of me lately, you know that I've been going through MEGAN'S MID-LIFE CRISIS, and that means I've put a moratorium on working myself into an early grave.

The Saturday that Fall Break started, I went into work to check out the sub's notes (I'd been sick with the stomach flu, if you will remember, those of you faithful readers), and I wanted to make sure that the kids hadn't torn the place apart in my absence.

All the desks were still standing, the room was some semblance of order, and so I left. Shut the door and never looked back. I've not been back since today, which has felt good. So, good, in fact, that I forgot what key was the key that got me into the building.

What the heck!?!?

Now, I'm looking at all the stuff that needs to be done, and my brain is saying, "Dude! You've got to do it all!!!", but my heart is saying, "No! You don't! You aren't SUPER TEACHER. So, do what you can and let that be it."

So, here's the deal. I've got a list. I'm going to work through the list, and that will be it. I MIGHT come back later on in the week to do copies, but if it doesn't get done today, it doesn't get done. Period. End of story.

Ahhhh ... that feels good ... putting my foot down ... feeling the stress melt away ...



Comments

Popular Posts