BUM FODDER

This morning, as I was hurriedly getting around for a standing Friday lunch date with a group of folks, it suddenly hit me: "Dude! Don't forget to go buy some toilet paper!" You see, I'd run out ... and I often times refer to myself as dude.

All of a sudden, I was transported back in time ... back to when I lived at home, and my dad would be cloistered in the bathroom. On such occasions, one might hear him shout out, "Hey Jan [my mother's name]! We need more bum fodder!"

Mom would elicit one of her sighs and walk over to her grocery list where she would write TOILET PAPER.

My dad has a name for everything, most of them irreverent, and as I told my mother later on in the day today that I'd remembered bum fodder, she just rolled her eyes and did THE SIGH. I had to giggle.

I'm still giggling ... at both the name bum fodder and my mother's reaction when she reads this entry. You know, mom, you have only yourself to blame. You married the man! :)

Happy Bum Foddering one and all!

Comments

Popular Posts