OUT ON A LEDGE

I've crawled out onto my ledge again ...

Every once in a while, I get so overwhelmed by life circumstances, decisions, opinions, work loads, the lack of life circumstances ... and ... and ... and ... I'm forced out onto a ledge where I'm left to traverse the complicated twists and turns that is my life ... or until someone talks me down, which ever comes first.

My parents and sister are down in Kentucky, and via their phone conversations and emails, I've been made more than a little envious with tales of all about their cool adventures: picking around caverns and caves, riding ski lift-like devices, taste-testing wines and bourbon, investigating quaint little towns (or not so quaint), exploring out of the way places ... meanwhile, back on the ledge, I'm curled up in the fetal postion, drooling and moaning uncontrollably while student assessments and report comments pile up around me and my unfinished job applications and cover letters. To top things off, I think a pigeon just pooped on my head!

Comments

Popular Posts