NEW HAIR, NEW OUTLOOK

It's amazing the miraculous way a new haircut can turn life around.

I walked into my salon last Wednesday, my hair in a giant knot on the top of my head and said to Stan, "Stan, I want something with pop!"

Stan and I have been together for a long time, and he's accustomed to my pronouncements. So, this particular Wednesday was nothing new for him. He wrestled with the aforementioned knot as he watched me flail my hands around the general vicinity of my head, describing, poorly, the pop I wanted.

My hair was a knot because I never bothered combing it out that morning after I got out of the shower. I merely gathered it up quickly and tied a rubber band around it haphazardly, bee-bopping out of the door pleased with the overall METH LAB ADDICT look. It's a wonder Stan doesn't pay me NOT to tell people where I get my hair done ... not that they ask, what with me as a walking advertisement for what not to do with hair.

Stan nodded as he continued trying to untangle the rubber band with me, all the while babbling nonsense ... that I want to keep letting it grow, but "it needs some umpf, and I'm just not sure how to get it and how to even describe it to you, Stan, and, by the way, I have a question for you."

By this time, Stan, who has the patience of Job where I'm concerned, bypassed my POP comment and went right to my question ... and here's the thing, I showed him a picture and wondered aloud about a weight line, and in seconds, we had pop! Well, a verbal pop anyway.

Choppity, chop, chop ... a dab of this and spritz of that ... a few manuevers of the curling iron ... a few more spritzes of that, and voila! I have pop!

I've got brand new hair, and I have to tell you, I'M FRIGGIN' LOVIN' IT!!!
New hair has given me freedom ... and motivation ... and the feeling (misguided as it may be) that I can do anything!

**I can bag MR. WONDERFUL because I have new hair!
**I can find the PERFECT job because I have new hair!
**I can make my cat behave because I have new hair!
**I can grow money on a tree because I have new hair!
**I can run for president ... and win ... because I have new hair!
**I can solve world hunger because I have new hair!
**I can leap over tall buildings in single bound because I have new hair!

It's just amazing what a great cut can do for girl!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A good haircut changes the world!! There's nothing like it!

Popular Posts