CONVERSATIONS FROM KENTUCKY

A conversation with a gas attendant in Versailles, KY

ME: “Your post office?”

GAS ATTENDENT (GA): [heavy sigh] “What about it?”

ME: How do I get to it?”

GA: “Git on the by-pass, then take a rIght, rIIIght, and a left.”

ME: “Thank you.”

Later in the car …

ANN: “What did he say?”

ME: “Take a right, a right, and a left.”

ANN: That helps a lot! Knew I shouldn’t have sent you in there to get directions.”


A conversation at the Versailles, KY Kroger …

KROGER DELI GUY: [KDG] Hoyalldoin [one word]

ANN: I’d like a pound of your macaroni and cheese please.”

KDG: That’ll be ta-ni-de-nine.

ANN: Pardon me?

KDG: [much slower] $2.99


A conversation with Dad on one of our many trips to Walmart …

ME: Ann said these big plants with the flowers on it are tobacco plants.

DAD: No, those are Kentucky Cabbage.

ME: Then why did Ann tell me they were tobacco plants?

DAD: [with a smirk on his face] Those are Kentucky Cabbage.

ME: NO THEY AREN’T!!! You’re such a dork!

DAD: I had you for a minute!!

A conversation I had with my dad on one of our many trips to Walmart (part 2) …

ME: “Okay, you are in charge of pushing the cart.”

DAD: “Nope. I don’t do carts. If my union rep sees me doing this, I could get into trouble.”

ME: “Whatever!”

DAD: “I’m not licensed or certified to run one of these things.”

ME: “Again, whatever!”


A conversation at Woodfield Reserve Distillery

MOM: “Man! These bourbon balls are strong!”

ME: “No, they’re yummy!”

MOM: [making a face]

ME: Can you get drunk eating these?

MOM: You’d have to eat a lot of them.

ME: I’m willing to take a bullet for that team!

Comments

Popular Posts