SNIFF, SNIFF ... PASS THE KLEENEX, PLEASE

From the MERCURYNews.com website ...

"Rowling: Two to die in last `Potter' -- Harry's not safe
Author J.K. Rowling said two characters will die in the last installment of her boy wizard series, and she hinted Harry Potter might not survive either. ``I have never been tempted to kill him off before the final because I've always planned seven books, and I want to finish on seven books,'' Rowling said Monday on TV in London. Rowling declined to commit herself about Harry, saying she doesn't want to receive hate mail. ``The last book is not finished. But I'm well into it now. I wrote the final chapter in something like 1990, so I've known exactly how the series is going to end,'' she said. In her Monday interview on the ``Richard and Judy'' show, Rowling said people are sometimes shocked to hear that she wrote the end of book seven before she had a publisher for the first book. ``The final chapter is hidden away, although it's now changed very slightly. One character got a reprieve. But I have to say two die that I didn't intend to die,'' she said. ``A price has to be paid. We are dealing with pure evil here. They don't target extras do they? They go for the main characters. Well, I do.'' "

Comments

Popular Posts