WHY SADIE WILL NEVER BE A GRADE "A" ATTACK BEAGLE AND OTHER SUNDAY RAMBLINGS

I witnessed my Beagle-Basset mix do something this afternoon very typical for her, but atypical for any good, self-respecting guard dog. I had just gotten back from church, and Sadie was dying to go outside ... I mean DYING!! As is usually the case where Sadie is concerned, she walks most of the yard, looking for just the right blade of grass to relieve herself on, before she actually gets to the deed. While she's in the midst of said act, her eagle beagle eyes spied something at the back of the yard. I had spotted the same mysterious item, and I do believe we were thinking the very same thing at the very same moment ... "Hmmmm, wonder what that is?" Now, rather than walk right up on it, she took a "I'm going to look casual so I can sneak up on it" approach to the investigation. She gave it a wide berth ... say a good 100 feet ... before she deftly slunk (yes, that is the correct form according to Webster's!) up to it ... carefully, so as not to threaten it, and thus causing her own self bodily harm. And it's a good thing too, because spray-painted gold plastic bags can be a very dangerous predator of the woosy beagle-basset variety!

BILLIE HOLIDAY ... now there was a voice! The girl could sing, and sing she did. On a rainy Sunday, while I'm listening to Lady Day croon GOD BLESS THE CHILD, sipping coffee, and reading my afternoon away, this Billie Holiday quote seems fitting: “Don't threaten me with love, baby. Let's just go walking in the rain”

Comments

Popular Posts