DAY TWO IN KENTUCKY ... RANDOM MUSINGS

I do believe I'm going to have some killer leg muscles at some point soon.

My classroom is on the second floor, and I must go up two flights of stairs to get to it. There is an elevator, but I'm making myself go up the stairs!

Ann's townhouse has two flights of stairs. To get to her guest bedroom (my temporary home away from home), I must traverse those stairs.

My townhouse will have a flight of stairs that one must go up in order to get to one's bedroom.

Oh yeah ... drop dead body, here I come!
_______________________________________________

I've just returned from school and Walmart and from my first trip over what Ann has sort of coined "THE SCARY BRIDGE." It is a bridge on 64 that crosses the Kentucky River. It is narrow with very low guard rails, such as they are, and the bridge is "way high up in the air." I wasn't sure how I would react to driving over it, but it was a breeze going over it at night as I wasn't sure exactly when I'd crossed it! So, I guess that means I've conquered the bridge!_______________________________________________

I've just spent my second evening of Walmart. I hope to not make this a habit. At any rate, I was trying to buy 60 spiral bound notebooks (journals for my students), and as I stood in the aisle trying to count and recount notebooks (and garnering lots of stares from passer-bys), I detected an odor. I thought it was the Walmart worker that was straightening shelves, but as I moved to the next aisle, it seemed to follow. Of course, so did the Walmart worker. So, maybe it was him. I'm not sure, but that odor followed me halfway around that store. I did the cursory check, and it wasn't me. I'm guessing it was a "Walmart Funk."

Comments

Popular Posts