A LETTER TO KENTUCKY

Dear Kentucky,

I'm living in your fair state, hard to believe. Sometimes I have to pinch myself. So, one day down here, and I'm enjoying it! I must say; I'm perplexed by the fact that your downtowns seem to close up and roll up the streets at 5 p.m. Where's the Saturday nightlife (because I was all about it in Michigan ... yeah right!).

I ate your state sandwich last night ... or well, a sandwich that you are known for ... a Kentucky Hot Brown. I must tell you, it was good going down, but it gave me heartburn later on. So, unless I can find it without the pool of grease that it was swimming in, I probably won't be eating it again.

I drove on your humming/singing bridge. I was waiting for some lyrical little tune. All I got was my tires "humming" on grating. Now, come on! You've got to do better than that. The Mighty Mac is the Grandaddy of All Humming Bridges. Sadly, I'm not impressed.

I love your architecture! And the antique stores downtown look like a lot of fun to peruse.

The mist/fog rising off the horse farms is pretty darn cool! I just wished I'd remembered to buy a battery for my camera last night while we were in Walmart! Oh well, I know I'll have other opportunities for that.

Overall, it's been a great first day! Thank you for welcoming me!
Megan :)

Comments

Popular Posts