I WILL HAVE NO ACNE ON MY TEETH OR GUMS

This is because I put acne medication on my tooth brush this morning! That is how my KENTUCKY GREAT ADVENTURE began!

It took a total of 7 hours (rain delay ... more on that in a moment), but I made it. I'm here! I'm ready to start the next phase of the adventure.

A few observations first ...

  1. The sign LOW SHOULDER here in Kentucky is just downright laughable. Let's try this one on for size ... how about NO SHOULDER, JUST DEATH DROP. See, that seems more appropriate (and more to the point of what might actually happen if you choose to move toward the edge of the roadway) to me.
  2. I've come to the conclusion that there is just a giant black cloud that hangs over northern Indiana. Everytime I've been through there recently, there it is! Like a bad fungus or something.
  3. Driving rain and blowing winds just are no fun to drive in. So, one should always find a Marathon Station parking lot in which to seek cover. I did. Me and 50 of my closest traveling buddies. Props to Sadieville, KY's (how appropriate) Marathon Station!
  4. The beetles down here are ENORMOUS!!! I would tell my students, whenever they saw a bug in our classroom and freak out, "Oh leave it be. He's our friend." Ummm ... yeah, that thing out on my sister's front step is NO friend of mine!
  5. Cozumel on Main in Versailles, KY has some KICK BUTT Mexican food. Yum, yum!!! I highly reccomend it to everyone.
  6. Michiganders are crabby. Kentuckians (sp?) are the FRIENDLIEST people I've run into!
  7. When someone in Kentucky tells you to go 35 miles an hour on a curve, you best listen to them!
  8. Down here, when you say "you all" instead of "ya'll," you get the funniest looks. I did that in my principal's office, and the three people, including my new principal, gave me the most quizzical looks.
  9. The Kentucky River is still brown.

Comments

A Davis said…
yeah, y'all are in the south now. it's exactly like that in VA also. Allison
Megan said…
Jane ... This didn't have a goat roasting on a spit, but the entire staff was not the least bit understandable. :) It was pretty authentic.

Popular Posts