WELL, THERE'S THIS RATTLING ...

I love my auto mechanic! I wished that, if and when I ever move, I could move my auto mechanic with me! He never laughs at me when I describe, with crazy adjectives and adverbs, what I perceive is going awry with my vehicle. I was never berated when I came in to have a leak checked out, and it turned out to be antifreeze dripping off the edge of the spout-thingy. Seems there was a bit of excess ... and he even laughed when the junk heap I owned before Litte Red (a non-junk heap) decided to implode and I gave him permission to stick a cigarette in the gas tank. Give the man gold stars, he attempted to fix the sorry excuse for sheet metal and plastic! I would marry my auto mechanic ... if he weren't already married ... he's just that good.

The latest was a little periodic rattling that I tried to ignore until it become a big, loud rattling that no one could ignore, including random people on the street that I passed by.

"John, it sounds like there's something in my hubcap, only, as you can see, I have no hubcaps. Can a person have phantom hubcaps?"

John just smiled that gentle, unassuming smile and said, "We'll take a look at it." No mocking eyes rolls from this guy!

God bless the man! He drove Little Red around three different times ... had the left front tire off of it three different times, but he never gave up. An hour and 15 minutes later, turns out, the metal clips on my brake pad had gotten twisted and were rattling right off. Now, I'm thinking, had I not gotten the truck in when I did, big issues would have occured with regard to my brakes. So, hugs and kisses to the man for never giving up!

Over the years, John has put up with a lot from me, but he's always kept both his and my dignity intact. For that, I will be eternally grateful.

Comments

Popular Posts