AHHHH, BREAKFAST IN BED. TOO BAD I HAD TO SERVE MYSELF

Another snow day.

Not sure how I feel about this. I mean, who doesn't love to get another hour of sleep, which is what I ultimately did? Right?

But it also means that I must now pay back TWO precious Spring Break days, not just one. And that just isn't going to be pretty, no matter which way you spread the sunshine on that little bit of toast.

My alarm went off, like it always does, at 4:55 a.m. ... unless you count the alarm previously heard out there on Georgetown Road. The alarm that sounds like a giant, mutant jackhammer that is methodically pounding out Morse Code for "GET OUT OF THAT BED, MURRAY!" on the poor road that never did anything to anyone ... or as they like to call it down here, snow plows doing their thing at 3 a.m.

So, I turned on the TV like I always do at this time of the morning, and immediately, the newscasters started talking about the newest Armageddon that has arrived in the Bluegrass in the form of 4 inches of snow, and I was all like, "Well, whew! Glad I braved the elements and got my bread and 51 other random items at the grocery last night. It's an Armageddon out there!"

And it was about that time that it scrolled across the TV screen ... no school. But I hadn't gotten The Call yet, and this year, we're suppose to get a call. So, I waited, and I got hungry. And I made myself peanut butter toast and coffee, and took it up to bed with me and snuggled in and thought, "This could just be the most pitiful thing on Earth, making your own breakfast in bed." But then I fell asleep and never got a call.

So, either a call was never made. Or I'm in big trouble tomorrow.

Either way, breakfast in bed is a glorious thing ...

Comments

Micah said…
Did you start teaching in a different district, and I missed it somehow? I mean, surely FIS didn't just give you TWO snow days!
Megan said…
Yes, Micah, they did. Which, okay, yes, the days are glorious now. But you and I both know, they'll bite come Spring Break time. :)

Popular Posts