ODE TO WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE ... DUDE COULD WRITE SOME HOT SONNETS

Because I was an English major in college ... and because it's almost Valentines Day ... and because, let's face it, good ole Will Shakespeare wrote some hot and steamy sonnets, I present to you ...

Shall I Compare Thee
by William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?
Thou are more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And Summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd:
But thy eternal Summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st:
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Comments

Elly Gilbert said…
Umm...you know he wrote that one for a dude, right? We watched a video about him today in prep for Romeo and Juliet and the kids (your former 6th graders) were all like, "He's homo!" and I'm like, "Well DUH!"
Megan said…
LOL!! Well, I'm going to assume he wrote it with me in mind, Elly. Let me live in my fantasy world, please!?!?!? :)

Popular Posts