FRESH SPINACH AND VEGGIES PIZZA

Well, I meant to take a picture of this lovely creation before I dig into it, but ... well ... it just didn't happen ... like a lot of things lately.

This was a pretty much BY SCRATCH recipe, and it was super, super easy to make. My mother has a great pizza dough recipe that is quick and easy. All together, start to finish, this recipe maybe took an hour. I'd say that is pretty good in my book.

While the dough is rising and doing its thing, you can begin to assemble the veggies.

I used fresh spinach, which is the best and easiest way to do it, if you want my humble opinion. I chopped up green onion/scallions, green olives, and used some the stir-fry pepper mix that I had in the freezer.

When the dough was done rising, I rubbed it with virgin olive oil and chopped garlic (I use the garlic in the jar ... so much easier to deal with for me). Then I put the tomato sauce on, sprinkled the onion, olives, and peppers, layered the fresh spinach on top, and then topped it all with mozzarella cheese.

It baked in the oven for 25 minutes and came out perfectly! I have enough left over for at least four more meals, and more than likely five, if I am careful how I divide the pizza out.

I highly recommend this pizza ... soooooo good! Sooooo easy!

Comments

Popular Posts