THURSDAY, THURSDAY, THURSDAY!!!

My friend Elly's (http://theunquietlife.blogspot.com/) desire to be more positive and healthier has inspired me. Yay Elly!!!!

This week, I've really tried to be a more positive person, and I've worked hard at trying to be a better friend ... whatever that looks like. I'm still fleshing that one out.

This week, I've tried to avoid the negative, glass-half-full mentality. I'm not sure I always succeeded, but I've tried. I'm giving myself gold stars for the "try" part.

This week, I've really worked hard at trying to be a healthier eater. Okay, I've not always completely succeeded at it, but I have to tell you, I'm sitting here ready to eat my arm off, so I think I've done okay! Now, for those that think I'm starving myself, nothing could be further from the case, but I think my body is in revolt to the extra, empty calories I was giving it prior to this week's foray into healthy-hood.

Finally, I've managed to make it to Thursday without coming completely unglued or unhinged. So, again, I see this as gold star-worthy. Therefore, I plan to shower myself with gold stars.

Commence putting on reflection-avoidance glasses now.

Comments

Micah said…
GOLD STAR! And I always feel really hungry when I'm eating healthy food, too (you know, the two or three times that I tried that). It's like my body is so excited to have the nutrients it needs that it just sucks them up immediately.
Megan said…
I know, Micah! It's as if my body is all "WHAT THE HECK!?!!? What is all this green stuff?!?!?"
Denise said…
Hey, where's the gold star for being a great friend? You deserve that one too! :)

Popular Posts