IT'S BEEN A DAY

My principal thinks I'm wound a little bit tight.

I get myself into these situations that call for me to fix things, but all my fix manages to do is make me look like I've been wound tighter than an eight-day clock ... like all I do is worry about insignificant drivel.

I hate that he thinks that about me. I hate that anyone thinks that I'm going to get my panties in a bundle over stupid crap.

Over monumental issues like animal cruelty or world peace or children's rights or women's rights? Yes! Bundle those babies up! Impact them if you've gotta ... but silly crap? Inconsequential stuff?

I'm not that surface ... I'm not that self-absorbed.

I would hope that any one recognizes that I am just a bit more 3-dimensional than that. That I have brain, and I'm not afraid to use it. That I'm intelligent and articulate ... most of the time. That I care deeply, but only about things that have deeper meaning.

Comments

Micah said…
I don't think there is anything more frustrating than having someone draw false conclusions and misinterpret who I am (which might mean that I am superficial for caring that much about what people think of me?). I'm sorry you're experiencing that today :( And your principal is wrong.

Popular Posts