SUGAR, SWEET SUGAR!!

It's Valentines Day party day in my classroom ... or, as I like to call it, "HOW MANY CAVITIES CAN I ENCOURAGE IN ONE DAY'S TIME."

Usually, I try to make one treat and call it good. But, as my mother pointed out, "you do have a history of getting sick on holiday parties and then the poor kids get nothing on that day."

She's right, of course. I got the stomach flu two years ago on Valentines Day, and I had made their treats. Poor kids ... they didn't have any party that day. I felt so badly.

So, this time around, I just thought, "Oh lump it! Bring all the crap you want to in! I don't care!"

And boy do we ever have a room full of sugar!!!

I've already given them a frosting-filled cookie, the likes of which I'm pretty sure the bakery needed an FAA clearance to make, and juice for snack. After lunch, we're going to have the Valentines party. They will get to choose three items of pure sugar. The rest goes into a baggie that they can take home.

Oh let's be real here! They are going to snarf it down on the way to the bus or sneak it on the bus, and you and I both know, someone is going to toss their Conversation Hearts all over a bus somewhere between here and home.

No skin off my nose because I will be sipping something strong and mood-altering from a festive, red water bottle with a curly, heart-shaped straw in it!

Comments

Mom said…
Now, doesn't that feel better?
Megan said…
It feels great! :) They went home LOADED with sugar ... their parents are now cursing my name .... and I'm getting ready to cozy up with my plan book and get some plans done in my pjs ... that's my exciting Friday night!

Popular Posts