GETTING BACK TO THE BASICS

I'm getting back to the basics. I know, I know. I've said it before. But this time, I really mean it.

I'm going to do it at home and at school. I need to. I must.

Here's a perfect example ... every year, I'm wowed by some new and innovative way to teach something. They flash books and tool kits in front of my face, and before I know it, I've succumbed to the pressures of COOL and NEW, and I've purchased another book ... a book I neither have the time or motivation to read.

UGH!

Recently, it's occurred to me that perhaps I need to be masterful in the stuff I know to be true and right before I try to get all cool and new on anyone. That means I have to strip down all the stuff I save because I *might* use it one day. One day still hasn't come, and in the mean time, I'm drowning in MIGHT USE IT'S.

Oh, I look around at my home and think, "I need a change." Well, the very first change I need to make is to clean up and get rid of the clutter, and I have a lot of it ... boy do I! If I can manage to get rid of all the superfluous stuff that seems to clog the better parts of my day, I might be able to see a light at the end of the tunnel ... or at least, the foundations of my Back to the Basics.

Hmmm ... as I type this, it doesn't seem to make any sense. Perhaps I need to clean out the cob webs in my head as well ...

Comments

Popular Posts