BLASTS FROM THE PAST

My principal has decided to have a little fun. Everyone in the building is to do a little biography of themselves and attach a photo ... that's kids, staff, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, EVERYBODY!
All of my adorable photos are in Michigan with the parental units. So, I set them to looking for a few good photos from which to choose.

I received these earlier today.

Newborn ... exactly 38 years ago, yesterday. Clearly, I was thinking big thoughts.


Age 3




Age 3, perhaps

Age 4, perhaps


A study in ugly hair, starting at the top, that would be 3rd grade (Ode to Farrah Fawcett), right 7th grade, bottom 2nd grade, and rounding out with the perm that never should have been, that is 6th grade.

So, I had my students vote on what photo they wanted me to use on my biography. Overwhelmingly, they wanted the baby photo. One of the kids, while looking at it said, "Why are you in black and white?"

"Yeah," said another girl, the daughter of a friend of mine. "Did they not have cameras back when you were born?"

I have informed that child that she will be failing fourth grade!

Comments

Big Red said…
You should have told her that you rode a horse to & from school back in those days . :-)
Megan said…
No Dad! That was you! :) Remember?
Mom said…
It was black and white because that is one Dad took of you and developed himself in the dark room
Denise said…
Good thing your kids like you enough to pick the baby photo!
Anonymous said…
ahhhh! what a cute baby picture. As for the perm, I had one in fifth grade, my brothers called me the poodle!! What a mistake!!!

NEECEE

Popular Posts