STICKING MY FOOT IN MY PROVERBIAL MOUTH

I put the following status on my Facebook page yesterday evening:

"Saw Phil Pendleton of WKYT News at Kmart today buying a BUTT WAD of toilet paper, and for the briefest of moments, thought about shouting out something snarky regarding the news media and the need for so much toilet paper. Then I thought better of it, displaying a modicum of decorum, given the situation and my obvious upbringing as a socially acceptable 'young lady'."

I got a reply from the lead pastor of my church, Rick Long. I swear, I need to watch what I say, because, nine times out of ten, it's gonna come back and bite me in my butt.

Case in point!

It would seem that Phil Pendleton of WKYT News is a super good friend of my pastor's, and, in fact, they were college roommates. Seems that Mr. Pendleton had just been visiting with Pastor Rick at his office at the church. What I saw was more than likely a guy doing an errand for his wife.

And here is where it gets really good ... Pastor Rick, being Pastor Rick, is going to tell Mr. Phil Pendleton about my Facebook status, because, and I quote, "he'll think it's hilarious."

So, I guess I've blown my "obvious upbringing as a socially acceptable young lady."

Comments

Micah said…
Hilarious! Here's hoping Phil Pendleton gives you a shout-out on the news!

Popular Posts