MORAL DILEMMA

I had a moral dilemma of sorts today.

See, it all started out on the playground, where all great moral dilemma's start! As I was walking my kids out to the playground, I noticed a woman, laden down with small boxes, heading toward the building. I didn't pay too much attention as I was making sure none of my little dears ran in front of cars.

As my kids skipped and swung and yelled and ran and generally expended energy (oh did they need to expend energy!), I noticed the same woman, still laden down with boxes, heading in my direction.

"Excuse me. Could you tell me how to get into the building?" I did, and then she took one of her boxes and said, "Here. These are from my company [insert BLEEP here] Tax Service. They are cookies."

And here's where the moral dilemma flitted around me ever so slightly. For I thought to myself, "do I tell her my taxes are already done? Or do I just smile, take the box of cookies, and say thank you?"
*
*
*
*
*
*
I just want to tell you that the Raspberry, White Chocolate, and Macadamia Nut cookie is my favorite.

Comments

Popular Posts