COFFEE, CHAOS, AND CLUTTER

So, I just finished a lovely visit with my friend, Micah, over coffee. I love coffee (this fact shouldn't come as a shock to any of my regular readers), and I love hanging with my friend Micah. So, this is a win-win for me ... hopefully, for her too.

With the requisite amount of caffeine in my system, completing that circle of absolute certainty that I would chatter away non-stop until the coffeehouse people kicked me out, I started rambling about how I felt my life was in chaos.

You see, my house has not been organized, clean, and free of clutter for a very, very long time. My classroom has not be organized, clean, and free of clutter for a very, very long time. As a result, I FEEL very cluttered, disorganized, and unclean. "So," I announced to Micah. "I think I'm going to take my house, one room at a time, load all the knick knack clutter crap on my dining room table, and start packing up stuff. I mean, I can change out the knick knacks every once in a while. I don't have to get RID of it all. Just switch it around every so often. I could even inventory everything on a piece of notebook paper and tape it to the side of the box I put it all in."

Oh the vision of me down-sizing, organizing and de-cluttering started coming into focus, and suddenly it hit me! I will start tonight! Yes! It's perfect timing because it's raining (thank goodness ... the dust bowl may be coming to an end). There's nothing for me to do but down-size, re-purpose and get my life back in order. After all, Zen Megan can not possibly catch any Skittles in her mouth when she's screaming maniacally at the top of her lungs!


Comments

Micah said…
Go, Megan, go! I love a de-cluttered living space! Not that anyone could tell by looking at my house...

It also just occurred to me that both times we have visited the ol' Coffeetree Cafe, we have sort of been asked to leave.
Megan said…
OH MY GOSH! You're right. It happened to Elly and I too. I think it's me ...
Elly Gilbert said…
Could you imagine if all three of us were there together? It might take some of Frankfort's finest to get us out...

Popular Posts