THE PICTURE OF PRODUCTIVITY

I left school at 3:30 p.m.

Yes, you read that correctly. That was a three, another three, and a zero.

3:30 p.m.

In the seven years I've done this gig, I don't think I've ever made it out of a school building at 3:30 p.m. unless:

a.) There was a fire in the building (who could forget the 14 days of hell that proceeded that little third floor fire, started by a kid that both Carrie and I had, by the way ... we were so proud!).

b.) Early release due to snow ... and lots of it. None of this grass still poking up through the ground business.

c.) I was sick or heading to a doctor's appointment, or most recently, a physical therapy appointment.

Well, that's all changing, folks. This chic has gotten good and mad, and I'm fussin' up one side and down the other! Up the side of what? Well, I'm not sure, but I'm fussin' cuz that's what we do down here in Kentucky, and that's how I roll now.

Today, I hit the gym for an hour and a half work out. It was a good one too. Okay, yes, THE KNEE was the size of a grapefruit when it was all done, but that's nothing a little ice can't fix ... and some heat ... and some Motrin ... and maybe some of the "strong stuff" Dr. B gave me.

Then, I headed home to whip up a quiche that would rock your world, I mean to tell you! Ham, cheese, red bell pepper, little bit of chive, homemade crust ... yes, I said H.O.M.E.M.A.D.E. ... oh yeah! That's what I'm talking about.

Bills have been paid. Stamps, with extra postage, have been stamped. Dishes are done. Laundry is churning. I even managed a run to the pharmacy for more Advair, because heaven help me, I need to breathe!

It is on, Black Cat. It is on!






Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow, and it was even a MONDAY?!? Mondays are always crazy! Hey, and it was a full moon!! We can call it the Zen Megan Full Moon...

NeeCee
Anonymous said…
I am sooo proud of you!!

Popular Posts