A FINAL FAREWELL TO PHYSICAL THERAPY

Well, I bid a fond farewell to the physical therapy place today ... in the form of one final check. Good grief, the number of checks I've written to that place!

Anyway, I asked the office staff if I could just chat with Michael the PT real quickly. I wanted to let him know how I was doing, and I wanted to thank him for the great care he took of me while I saw him ... weekly ... three times weekly ... for three looooooooong months. God bless him, he put up with my whining and moodiness where this whole knee thing was concerned. He found out rather quickly that I just don't like being told no. I really don't. Really, he earned every penny he received for his work with me over this past summer.

Michael gave me a big hug when he saw me, and immediately asked me how the knee was doing. When I told him Dr. S's diagnosis, he replied, "You're way too young for that."

I'm sorry, but is he not the most intelligent man ever? Okay, yes, his assessment might have had something to do with the fact that he is the same age as me, but still, smart, smart, man!

He imparted on me his final piece of wisdom, "Stay strong. That's the only way to beat this. You get strong, and you're going to get fit and healthy, and you'll be amazed at how well that knee is doing."

From God's mouth to Michael the PT's lips ... take that, Black Cat!






Comments

Popular Posts