THE FLOOD WATERS ARE RISING

Oh my gosh! It's wild!

My teaching buddy Christy and I went to Georgetown. The Festival of the Horse was not well attended. Apparently, many people were scared off by the rising waters. Silly us ... we weren't scared off.

However, on the way home, we drove through a TORRENTAL down pour. Elkhorn Creek is at THE SIDE OF THE ROAD. For those of you familiar with the area, it's typically near the edge of the road anyway ... it's fixin' to be part of it soon!

Mom, Dad, and Ann ... do you remember how the creek crossed under the road, and meandered between the entrance to the Elkhorn Campground and a baptist church? Well, as we were driving by, the "creek" was raging toward the back of the baptist church!!! Not sure services will be held there tomorrow.

I've never seen anything like it! It's crazy, I tell you.

If I can get some pictures, I will. However, I have a healthy respect for raging waters.

Comments

Popular Posts