GETTING A DRIVER'S LICENSE

Well, one of the last vestiges of "home" was taken from me yesterday.

I went to get my new Kentucky driver's license, and they took my Michigan license away from me! They said it was to put on file with the Kentucky State Police. For what reason, I'm not really sure. All I do know is that it made me sad. It was like giving up my identity. I am no longer a resident of Michigan. I'm now an official resident of Kentucky. For whatever reason, I'm sad.

I will not, however, be sad about giving up my Michigan license plate. See, I've discovered that we "northerners" SUCK AT DRIVING!!! I used to think it was just those from Detroit or Chicago. NOPE!!! I suck too! If you're reading this, and you live in Michigan, embrace the fact that you, too, are a crappy driver.

I can't wait to get a Kentucky license plate. This way, when I pull one of my bone-headed move, instead of them saying, "STUPID YANKEE!" they can now say, "STUPID IDIOT FROM FRANKLIN COUNTY!!!"

Comments

Anonymous said…
I know ya so I'll call ya a yankee transplant
Megan said…
DAD!?!?! Are you replying to my blog? Be still my beating heart!!!!!
Oh, we are bad drivers! Goes along with the crummy Northern attitude.

Popular Posts