START BUILDING YOUR ARK!

I had a horrible night's sleep! That stupid headache referenced in my last post was still bothering me. Besides getting up THREE TIMES to go to the bathroom, I was awakened by a whopper of a storm that lasted, get this folks, one and a half hours!!!! It was ridiculous!

I had plans to go to Georgetown, KY, with a friend from work today. They are having their Festival of the Horse, and we wanted to go.

I got up, turned on the tv to get an idea of the temperature for today, and was immediately assaulted with live feed after live feed of flooding all over the greater Lexington area! Flood watches are out for my area, Franklin County, as well, until 1:15 p.m., and those watches could be extended based on the line of severe thunderstorms making their way from Missouri ... steaming right toward us. This annoyed me as I was really looking forward to another good fall festival. (the webcam photo below was taken from WKYT's website http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/4216506.html)

I went to make coffee, and as I was standing in front of my sink, I noticed water that had puddled from the kitchen window, onto my "above the sink organizer thingy." The first floor of my townhouse is undergroud on the front half (where my kitchen is -- it's built into a hill), and apparently, we had so much rain last night, that it actually leaked in through my kitchen window.

Funny. I can't get the stupid window open to let in a little fresh air, but it will certainly allow water to leak in. That's nice!

So, I may cloistered in my townhouse today. This will suck. At some point, I've got to get to Walmart to get more kitty litter. Perhaps I can plot some high land routes to Walmart and back. Crap! I've got to go over the KY river.

Man! Floods really bite!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I sure would mention that to the property manager (water coming in the window) because Mom asked her specificaly about that & she said it had never happened before. I'll bet!
Megan said…
This is true. No blizzards, but man! You should see Elkhorn Creek! There are some ragin' waters. I wished I'd had a camera with me!!!

Popular Posts